Friday, October 9, 2009

Kennett KKK Kard




I feel very lucky to have spent a lot of my childhood in and around the South and managed to avoid getting indoctrinated with the racist mentality which permeates the place.

From the Field Negro, I found this video about a woman in Kennett Missouri, home of Sheryl Crow and just 10 miles from where my father spent most of his life.

A young woman has been accused of cutting in line at Wal-mart. Apparently that's a serious crime there, although I never saw any problems with it the last time I was in there. But this woman is now looking at 15 years in prison for assaulting a police officer.

When the woman and her family organized a protest, a policeman showed up at their house with a "KKK" Card that said "this time the visit is social, but next time it won't be".

I have to respect the woman's mom for not trying to beat that racist redneck down right there. But since he was a cop, maybe even in uniform, I guess she had to restrain herself.

Update: A more detailed account of the story can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment